The Church of Saint Apostles Peter and Paul


The Church of Saint Apostles Peter and Paul was built in the period from 1856 to 1858 by the Serbian government that brought experts and workers from abroad to work in the reconstructed mine. Creating conditions to bind them to Serbia and Orthodoxy, they started the construction of church, school, housing and mines in 1856.








The planning of the church was given to Uros Knezevic, a painter who decided on the so called „Swiss style“, popular in Europe at that time.  The church is dedicated to St. Apostles Peter and Paul, patron saints of Majdanpek miners. Due to that, these two Patron Saints of the Church and mines are celebrated even today, on 12th July, every year. This event is characterized by a great celebration of the whole town. 

Lepenski Vir - Donji Milanovac

Lepenski Vir - Donji Milanovac

Archaeological site Lepenski vir (Lepen Whirl) was discovered in 1965, on the very coast of the Danube. It is 15km far from Donji Milanovac. That was one of the most significant discoveries of...


Information about the user

Username :
Password :